Hyundai Motor India Limited hereinafter called "HMIL" warrants that under the Extended Warranty Scheme, HMIL undertakes to carry out the necessary remedial work necessitated by any mechanical and/or an electrical break down, under normal use and maintenance, subject to the following terms and conditions.
Extended Warranty Registration Form and Extended Warranty Certificate.
The Extended Warranty Registration Form is the basis of, and forms part of the contract between HMIL and the owner for the Extended Warranty of the Vehicle shown on the Extended Warranty Certificate.
Extended Warranty period.
The term of extended warranty shall commence from the date of expiry of the warranty period to the new vehicle and would be in its continuity as per one of the following options selected by the Owner.
- 3rd year or upto 60,000kms from the date of delivery of new vehicle, whichever occur first, after the expiry of new vehicle warranty of 2 years.
- However, in case the vehicle is driven for more than 60,000kms in the first two years itself, this 3rd year extended Warranty will get lapsed.
(For Petrol model vehicles only)
3rd & 4th year or upto 80,000kms from the date of delivery of new vehicle, whichever occur first, after the expiry of the new vehicle warranty of 2 years.
However, in case the vehicle is driven for more than 80,000kms in the first two years itself, this 3rd & 4th year extended Warranty will get lapsed.
OPTION III:(For Accent Diesel & Verna Diesel Models Only) (other Option of extended Warranty are not Applicable)
3rd or upto 80,000kms from the date of delivery of new vehicle, whichever occur first, after the expiry of the new vehicle warranty of 2 years.
- However, in case the vehicle is driven for more than 80,000kms in the first two years itself, this 3rd year extended Warranty will get lapsed.
(Only for Petrol model vehicles and those Owners who have already opted for 3rd years or upto 60,000kms Extended Warranty)
4th year or upto 80,000kms from the date of delivery of new vehicle, whichever occur first, after the expiry of 3rd year or upto 60,000kms Extended Warranty.
However, in case the vehicle is driven for more than 80,000kms in the first three years itself, this 4th year extended Warranty will get lapsed.
What is covered.
Except as provided in paragraph 4 hereof, if any defect confirmed by HMIL as Mechanical and/or Electrical break down as defined in this warranty, is found in the vehicle within the stipulated terms and conditions, HMIL dealer shall repair or if required, replace any part found to be defective with a new part or an equivalent at no cost to the owner for parts or labour. Such defective parts, which have been replaced, will become the property of HMIL.
What is not covered.
This warranty shall not apply to:
- Normal maintenance services including without limitation, cleaning and polishing, injector cleaning, engine decarburizing, engine tuning, oil/fluid changes, filters replenishment, fastener retightening, adjustments of doors, brake and clutch, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, tyre rotation, head lamp alignment.
- Replacement of parts as a result of normal wear and tear, such as spark plugs, belts, brake pads and brake shoes, brake discs, clutch disc/pressure plate, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses, brushes, hoses, tyre/tube, battery, audio system, catalytic converter, silencer/exhaust pipe.
- Tie Rod ends, Steering Ball Joints, Rear Shockers, Front Struts are not covered beyond 60,000kms of operation.
- Leakage of A/C refrigerant.
- Normal aging, deterioration or rusting of plated parts, paint coat, rubber parts, upholstery and soft trim, etc.
- Body, paint, glass, interior/exterior trim, exhaust systems and normal wear and tear of any other component.
- Damage or failure resulting from:
- Negligence in getting the vehicle serviced within the stipulated kilometers and time period as recommended in
- Owner's Manual and Service Booklet.
- Misuse, abuse (such as racing, overloading, riding over the clutch), accident or collision, theft, flooding or fire.
- Use of improper adulterated or insufficient fuel, fluids or lubricants.
- Use of parts other than Hyundai Genuine Parts.
- Any device and/or accessories not supplied or not approved by HMIL.
- Modifications, alterations, tampering or improper repair.
- Parts used in applications for which they were not designed or not approved by HMIL.
- Any repair carried out other than by Hyundai Authorized Dealer/Service Centre.
- Slight irregularities not recognized as affecting quality or function of the vehicle or parts, such as slight noise or vibrations, or items considered characteristic of the vehicle.
- Airborne fallout, Industrial fallout, Acid rain, Hail and Wind Storms, or other Acts of God.
- Paint scratches, dents or similar paint or body damage.
- Action of road elements (sand, gravel, dust or road debris) which results in stone chipping of paint/glass or damage to any other part.
- Revolution or Mutiny, any intentional or malafide act of owner or a driver, abuse of the vehicle, negligence.
- The vehicle which has been used for any sort of competition, sport and rally, transport for hire of persons or goods, Taxi service or short or long term self drive hire or driving school or any commercial use.
- Any vehicle purchased as a taxi under the special excise concessions or/and registered as a Tourist Taxi with the Transport Authorities.
- The vehicle in which the odometer has been tampered with, changed or been disconnected.
- Incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle or commercial loss.
- No liability will be accepted for any losses covered under an accidental damage or road risk policy or for any road hazard/fire or accident damage, no liability of any kind exists in respect of third party.
- No liability will be accepted for damage caused by neglect, intrusion of foreign or harmful or injurious matter, lack of servicing, over heating, freezing or abuse to the continued use of the vehicle after a fault has become evident or for consequential loss of the failure of parts not covered by this Extended Warranty.
- This warranty is the entire warranty given by HMIL and no dealer or its or his agent or employee is authorized to extend or enlarge this warranty and no dealer or his agent or employee is authorized to make any oral warranty on HMIL's behalf. HMIL reserves the right to make any change in design or make any improvement on the vehicle at any time without any obligation to make the same change on vehicles previously sold. Warranty service shall be provided only by HMIL authorized dealers and Dealer Service Branch.
- HMIL’s decision is final and binding on the Owner of the vehicle in all warranty matters.
HMIL reserved the right for the final decision in all warranty matters.